Anson will discuss the current state of federal income tax reform at the GSPCA Personal Financial Planning Conference on October 25.
Representing taxpayers in federal, state and international tax litigation and tax controversies. Tax counsel for business transactions and tax planning.
2015-2016 Tax Law
2016-2017 Tax Law
NEWS & EVENTS
Can’t Get There From Here: The IRS Travel Ban on Tax Debtors by Anson Asbury published in Bloomberg BNA Tax Management Memorandum
Bloomberg BNA TM Memorandum published Anson’s most recent article on Monday – Can’t Get There From Here, The IRS Travel Ban on Tax Debtors. Reproduced with permission from Tax Management
BNA Daily Tax Report quoted Anson on the 5th Circuit’s recent decision in the Bosque Canyon Ranch conservation easement case.
Our daily focus is on taxation and we use that expertise to deliver results for taxpayers of all types. From incorporation through filing to defense – we provide comprehensive tax counsel and business consulting. Our team has over 70 years of experience and are nationally recognized for our expertise.
TAX PLANNING & BUSINESS CONSULTING - We advise entrepreneurs and business owners on asset sales, business transfers, reorganizations, entity selection, business and individual tax return preparation, multi state sales tax and voluntary compliance.
TAX CONTROVERSY - We represent taxpayers in the Federal tax litigation of substantive tax issues, including: passive losses, conservation easements, captive insurance, estate taxes and net operating losses. We also represent taxpayers in IRS controversies over payroll and employment taxes, civil penalties, tax liens, levies, and unfiled returns.
- Won a total concession of $6.5 million in a Tax Court case.
- Negotiated a 70% concession on conservation easement deduction without litigation.
- Reduced a state employment tax assessment by $1.14 million at an administrative hearing.
- Protected a $10.8 million refund claim challenged under audit as a passive toss.
- Advised a national media company on a multi-million dollar income tax accounting position.
- Won a total concession in a sales tax trust fund liability case.
- Conducted a 50-state survey of a complex and discrete sales tax issue for an international retailer.
Anson H. Asbury, J.D., LL.M.
Anson is the founder and principal of Asbury Law Firm. Anson’s practice focuses on tax litigation, tax controversy and business tax planning.
Arthur Auerbach, CPA CGMA
Arthur Auerbach is Special Consultant to Asbury Law Firm serving clients with tax consulting, estate and financial planning for individuals and closely-held businesses located in Atlanta
LOCATION & PHONE
125 Clairemont Avenue, Suite 490, Decatur, GA 30030
Tel. (404) 382-9942 · Fax (404) 565-1103